Splunk Search

using different date range but showing the same value

ramkyreddy
Explorer

When I was searching  for the different data ranges in my Splunk dashboard it showed the same,
for example, i am selecting 1/1/2024 to 1/10/2024 and  1/3/2024 to 1/4/2024 and
i am adding this query earliest=-7d@d latest=+1d but when removed these values do not match

Please help out with this

Labels (2)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Looks like your search may be wrong - please share the source of your dashboard in a code block

0 Karma

ramkyreddy
Explorer

selected the date from 1 jan 2024 to 2 jan 2024
----------------------------------------------------------------
index="bsds_gans" earliest=1704096000 latest=+1d pfor IN (*) test IN (*) name IN (*) ckb IN (*) vrsion IN (*) id IN (*) location IN (*) group IN (*)

| eval pfor=upper(pfor)
| eval _time = start_time
| eval WW=strftime(_time, "%V.%w")
| eval name=mvindex(split(context,"."),1)
| search name !="*Case Setup*"
| eval name=mvindex(split(name,".PSPV"),0)
| eval id=mvindex(split(name," - "),0)
| search id IN (*)
| eval main=mvindex(split(name," - "),1)
| search main IN (*)
| stats count(eval(sta="FIL")) as fail_count, count(eval(sta="PASS")) as pass_count, count(eval(like(sta,"LOCKED%"))) as not_run_count by name,id

--------------------------------------------------------------------
selected date is from 1jan 2024 to 13 jan 2024

index="bsds_gans" earliest=1704096000 latest=+1d pfor IN (*) test IN (*) name IN (*) ckb IN (*) vrsion IN (*) id IN (*) location IN (*) group IN (*)

| eval pfor=upper(pfor)
| search id IN (*)
| search main IN (*)
| stats count(eval(sta="FIL")) as fail_count, count(eval(sta="PASS")) as pass_count, count(eval(like(sta,"LOCKED%"))) as not_run_count by name,id
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
selected  for last 7 days

index="bsds_gans" earliest=-7d@h latest=+1d pfor IN (*) test IN (*) name IN (*) ckb IN (*) version IN (*) id IN (*) location IN (*) group IN (*)

| eval pfor=upper(pfor)
| search id IN (*)
| search main IN (*)

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The earliest and latest settings in the search are overriding the values chosen from the timepicker and since these are the same, the numbers in your panels are the same.

0 Karma

ramkyreddy
Explorer

The numbers in the panels are the same when trying different time ranges as I mentioned in the above search query

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It is not clear what searches are giving what results - you mentioned 3 searches, but showed only two sets of panels. All the searches you have shown use earliest and latest settings which override anything you have chosen in the timepicker, so it is not clear which timeperiods have been used for which sets of panels. Please clarify

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...