Splunk Search

timechart question

dbautist
Explorer

In the timechart docs, the following example was provided:

sourcetype=access_* | timechart count(eval(method="GET")) AS GET, count(eval(method="POST")) AS POST

What if I want to calculate the GetPercentage such that

eval GetPercentage=(GET/(GET+SUCCESS) * 100)

and have that displayed in the timechart? The result should be something like:

_time GetPercentage
1/6/2013 34.5
1/7/2013 22.5

Tags (2)
0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

You can do this by adding your eval after the timechart command.

sourcetype=access_* | timechart count(eval(method="GET")) AS GET, count(eval(method="POST")) AS POST | eval GetPercentage=(GET/(GET+SUCCESS) * 100)

dbautist
Explorer

Thanks! I also want to get a timechart of the GetPercentage by API. I don't want the GET or POST to show because I want to later create a line chart with just the GetPercentage by API. I started with the following but I can't insert the 'by API' in the eval clause:

sourcetype=access_* | timechart count(eval(method="GET")) AS GET, count(eval(method="POST")) AS POST | eval GetPercentage=(GET/(GET+SUCCESS) * 100) | fields - GET, POST

Expected output is something like:
_time getCustomerName(GetPercentage) getCustomerAge(GetPercentage)
1/6/2013 34.5 22.9
1/7/2013 22.5 33.7

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...