Splunk Search

stat count is not coming properly

abhayneilam
Contributor

Hi I have a field called "src_file_name" in which I have only four values as follows:

evaluation vehicle policy workflow sept 2012.pptx
evaluation vehicle register sept2012.xlsx
evaluation vehicle form - final sept 2012.pdf
quarterly evaluation 2012 - july to september.ppt

and I am running below query to find how many times "evaluation" keyword is present in the "src_field_name" field

index="email_weekly_data" | rex field="src_file_name" (?(?i)"evaluation") | where isnotnull(ONE) | eval ONE=lower(ONE) | stats count(ONE) as FIRST by ONE | rename ONE as output | rename FIRST as email_weekly_data

I am supposed to get count as 4 but unfortunately I am getting only 3 count, when I checked which files it is talking I found :

evaluation vehicle policy workflow sept 2012.pptx
evaluation vehicle register sept2012.xlsx
evaluation vehicle form - final sept 2012.pdf

My query is not considering "quarterly evaluation 2012 - july to september.ppt" file.

Please help me to get the correct count ASAP

Thanks in Advance!!

Tags (5)
0 Karma
1 Solution

MuS
Legend

hi abhayneilam

I hope this is ASAP enough 🙂

You can test regex on http://gskinner.com/RegExr/, it works perfect for splunk. I tested your filenames and your regex and yours will only match the files which starts with evaluation therefore you only get 3 files.

using this regex:

(?<one>(?i)evaluation)

you will get all 4 files.

cheers,

MuS

View solution in original post

MuS
Legend

hi abhayneilam

I hope this is ASAP enough 🙂

You can test regex on http://gskinner.com/RegExr/, it works perfect for splunk. I tested your filenames and your regex and yours will only match the files which starts with evaluation therefore you only get 3 files.

using this regex:

(?<one>(?i)evaluation)

you will get all 4 files.

cheers,

MuS

MuS
Legend

blush - thanks 🙂

0 Karma

DaveSavage
Builder

MuS - I have to say that the support (and speed 😉 that you and others such as Ayn, sideview etc provide is amazing. It makes Splunkbase a lively, healthy forum, something that other product houses should be envious of.
So - a note of thanks.
Br
DS

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...