Splunk Search

regex to find events on more than one condition

akhasriya
Engager

my event is:
HDR+1|TIME+2017-01-17 11:09:17.426 GMT|SESS+957785928+18|CLS+BookingLogger|METH+createAndFulfilCommercialFlightBooking(...), LNam=PALMER/PNR=2BHSLK/BkTYPE=CalendarLed/POS=LON/Country=GB/User=DirectPax/Journey=LHR-PSA/Aggregator=null/AgentName=null/Amount=GBP70.70

my search is:

.. fields f5 f6|regex f6=(CLS\+BookingLogger).+?(METH\+createAndFulfil).+?(PNR\=)

does not return any events.

Tags (2)
0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Give this a try:

index=foo sourcetype=bar "CLS+HoldBookingLogger" OR ("CLS+BookingLogger|METH+createAndFulfil*" AND "PNR=*")
0 Karma

akhasriya
Engager

that works a treat.. thank you.. just wondering why this don't work:
"CLS+HoldBookingLogger" OR ("CLS+BookingLogger|METH+createAndFulfil*|PNR=*")

0 Karma

akhasriya
Engager

my dataset is:
|HDR+1|TIME+2016-12-22 00:04:03.509 GMT|SESS+896400949+19|CLS+BookingLogger|METH+createAndFulfilCommercialFlightBooking(...), LNam=BARRETT/PNR=YWHXF8/BkTYPE=FlexPricer/POS=NAS/Country=BS/User=DirectPax/Journey=NAS-LHR/Aggregator=null/AgentName=null/Amount=USD1141.53
|HDR+1|TIME+2016-12-22 00:04:03.509 GMT|SESS+896400949+19|DATA++|EVENT:FLIGHT_BOOKING_SUCCESSFUL|DATA:BOOKING_RECORD;YWHXF8;NumPax=1;ISRAEL,BARRETT;NAS,LHR,BA0252,23Dec16+23:05,H;2916;VI;Mr Michael
|HDR+1|TIME+2017-01-17 09:48:34.188 GMT|SESS+940031903+41|CLS+HoldBookingLogger|METH+createAndConfirmHoldBooking(...), LNam=MAGUIRE/PNR=2AZQRW/BkTYPE=CalendarLed/POS=DUB/Country=IE/User=DirectPax/Journey=DUB-LHR-LHR-DUB/HoldBookingState=Held/HoldFeeCurrency=EUR/HoldFeeAmount=10.00

basically I want to extract rows with either:
CLS+HoldBookingLogger
OR
"CLS+BookingLogger" AND "METH+createAndFulfil" AND "PNR="

0 Karma

akhasriya
Engager

sorry + has preceding "\"
regex f6=(CLS+BookingLogger).+?(METH+createAndFulfil).+?(PNR=)

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What is your requirement here? You want to filter results which are matching certain conditions or you want to extract fields? If it's the former, do you've fields already extracted?

0 Karma

akhasriya
Engager

sorry + has preceding "\"
regex f6=(CLS+BookingLogger).+?(METH+createAndFulfil).+?(PNR=)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...