Splunk Search

question on search query

roayers
Explorer

Looking for a single result that includes both values of clicked link then added up in a total column

search... | eval clicked=if("Clicked Link"="Yes",1,0),
notclicked=if("Clicked Link"="No",0,1) | stats count by Agency, "Clicked Link"

generates this result

Agency Clicked Link count

1 No 111
1 Yes 10

What id like is a results that looks like this

Agency Clicked Link Count Clicked Link count Total
1 No 10 Yes 111 121

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

This isn't exactly what you asked for but it is better (and you can modify it to suit if you really would like):

| makeresults 
| eval raw="1 No 111
1 Yes 10"
| makemv delim="
" raw
| mvexpand raw
| rex field=raw "^(?<Agency>\S+)\s+(?<Clicked_Link>\S+)\s+(?<count>.*)$"
| fields - _time raw

| rename COMMENT AS "Everything above fakes sample data; everything below is your solution"

| eval {Clicked_Link}=count
| stats first(Yes) AS Yes first(No) AS No BY Agency
| eval Total = Yes + No
0 Karma

roayers
Explorer

that generates a makeresults results error

There are about 100 agencies in the query each has a "Clicked Result" of Yes and a "Clicked Result" of No which should be totaled here is the whole search that i'm starting with, hope this will help

index="testing" * | lookup 1.csv email as Email output type as type one_id two_name one_two_three completion | search one_two_name="*" | rename one_two_three as Agency | eval clicked=if("Clicked Link"="Yes",1,0),
notclicked=if("Clicked Link"="No",0,1) | stats count by "Clicked Link"| addcoltotals count as Total

gets this result

"Clicked Link" count

No 644
Yes 93

0 Karma

roayers
Explorer

Your query works without my search, when I incorporate it in the results do not include counts for Yes No or
Total

Thanks for all of your help 🙂

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Perhaps "Yes" is "YES" or "No" is "NO" or somehow do not exactly match. As you noted, my solution works for the data that you gave in the question. I cannot give a better answer without you giving me better sample data.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Change lines 2-5 to this:

| eval raw="1 No 111::1 Yes 10"
| makemv delim="::" raw
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...