Splunk Search

not able to fetch values from log

vineela
Path Finder

i have a log and i am able to fetch all the codes which is of same format, but not able to fetch logs of one error code:

{"stream":"stderr","logtag":"P","log":"10/May/2024:09:31:53 +1000 [dgbttrfr] [correlationId=] [subject=], ERROR au.com.jbjcbdj.o.fefewgr.logging.LoggingUtil - severity = \"ERROR\", DateTimestamp = \"09/May/2024 23:31:53\", errorCode = \"PAY_STAT_ERR_0017\", errorMessage = \"Not able to fetch error\","hostname":"ip-101-156-185.ap-southeast-2.internal","host_ip":"10.56","cluster":"nod/pmn08"}

i tried fetching using this : 

|rex field=log "errorCode\s=\s*(?<errorCode>[^,\s]+)"and key value pair:|rex field=log "errorCode\s=\s*(?<errorCode>[^,\s]+)"

But not able to fetch the values whereas i can `be able to fetch all other` `codes exceopt this.

can anyone help.

Thanks in Advance

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @vineela,

have you always the backslashes in your logs?

if yes, you should consider them in the regex:

in regex101.com https://regex101.com/r/7Fq96D/1

errorCode\s*\=\s*\\\"(?<errorCode>[^\\]+)

but in Splunk you must try:

| rex "errorCode\s*\=\s*\\\\\"(?<errorCode>[^\\]+)"

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...