Splunk Search

indexed_kv_limit Error

surejsajeev
Explorer

I am running a query to parse a two-level nested JSON that takes out only the second level dict and puts it in the form of a column.  The query works perfectly. However, when I run it, I get this error message from Splunk 

This is the query

base search | spath
| foreach *.*
[| eval unknown=if(isnull(unknown),"<<MATCHSEG1>>",mvdedup(mvappend(unknown,"<<MATCHSEG1>>")))]
| fields unknown
| mvexpand unknown
| eval _raw=replace(_raw,"\"".unknown."\"","\"known\"")
| spath path=known| spath input=known | table COLUMN1, COLUMN2,......COLUMN25

"The search you ran returned a number of fields that exceeded the current indexed field extraction limit. To ensure that all fields are extracted for search, set limits.conf: [kv] / indexed_kv_limit to a number that is higher than the number of fields contained in the files that you index."

Could you advise on how I can resolve this issue, please? I am not sure of the no of fields that my query will generate. Any dynamic limit that I can see?

Your help is much appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Increase the limit is limits.conf or try this https://community.splunk.com/t5/Splunk-Search/mvexpand-limits/m-p/549178

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...