Splunk Search

iOS Transaction & Events Not Working

cvDev

I can initialize my Mint instanced and it shows in the dashboard. I have a nice sample log like so.

[[Mint sharedInstance] logEventAsyncWithName:message logLevel:ErrorLogLevel andCompletionBlock:^(MintLogResult *mintLogResult) {
    NSString* logResultState = mintLogResult.resultState == OKResultState ? @"OK" : @"Error";
    NSLog(@"Log result: %@", logResultState);
}];

And sample transaction like so.

[[Mint sharedInstance] transactionStart:@"Test_Start" andResultBlock:nil];
    [[Mint sharedInstance] transactionStop:@"Test_Stop" andResultBlock:nil];

I see in my console that the log result is "OK". And yet when I got to my dashboard I am shown sample data for events and transactions because nothing is posted yet.

Tags (3)
0 Karma

mattwestbright

The first parameter of the transactionStart:andResultBlock: and transactionStop:andResultBlock: methods are transactionName. You are starting a transaction called Test_Start but not stopping it. Similarly, you are stopping a Test_Stop transaction which was never started. Try this:

[[Mint sharedInstance] transactionStart:@"My_Test_Transaction" andResultBlock:nil];
[[Mint sharedInstance] transactionStop:@"My_Test_Transaction" andResultBlock:nil];

I hope this helps someone.
Matt.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...