Splunk Search

how to get number of concurrent sessions per minute

Laya123
Communicator

Hi ,

How to get number of concurrent sessions per minute. My transaction started with beginning session and ends with ending session

for example

my first transaction started at 12-3-2015 10:01:00, second transaction started at 12-3-2015 10:01:10, third transaction started at 12-3-2015 10:01:35, fourth transaction started at 12-3-2015 10:02:15, fifth transaction started at 12-3-2015 10:02:40

My second transaction ended at 12-3-2015 10:01:50

I want my output like

12-3-2015 10:01:00 - number of transactions 3
12-3-2015 10:02:00 - Number of transactions 4 (second transaction completed in last minute only thats why I excluded that in next minute)

Thanks in advance

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

fdi01
Motivator

try like this:

...| transaction startswith="beginning session" endswith="ending session" |bucket span=1m _time|stats count as "number of transactions" by _time

or

...| transaction startswith="beginning session " endswith="ending session " | timechart per_minute(eval(count)) as "number of transactions"

View solution in original post

0 Karma

fdi01
Motivator

try like this:

...| transaction startswith="beginning session" endswith="ending session" |bucket span=1m _time|stats count as "number of transactions" by _time

or

...| transaction startswith="beginning session " endswith="ending session " | timechart per_minute(eval(count)) as "number of transactions"
0 Karma

stephane_cyrill
Builder

Hi here is something for you.

source="" | transaction startswith="beginning session "
endswith="ending session " |timechart count span=1m as
"number of transactions"

However if this returns more than 50,000 results it
wont work and it'll return that bucketing error.

OR

source="" | transaction startswith="beginning session "
endswith="ending session " |eval count=1
| timechart per_minute (count) as
"number of transactions"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...