Splunk Search

how to extract the required data from the _raw field in splunk..

vinod743374
Communicator

This is my _raw data consists

06/24/2021 17:26:17 +0530, info_search_time=1624535777.471, Dns Rule=Passed, HOSTNAME=Passed, username=Passed, ssh Timeout rule=Passed, Node Name="IND-JLN-DIV-COR-SW-02", snmp rule=Passed, udld Rule=Passed, Enable Password=Passed, Snmp config rule=Passed, Line Vty 0 4 Timeout & acl=Passed, Line Con 0 timeout=Passed, Service Policy=Passed, Https Rule=Passed, Line Con 0=Passed, Line aux 0=Passed, Node Ip Address="3.205.208.35", Don't Username=Passed, Service Password Encryption=Passed, Aaa Server-GE=Passed, Line Vty 5 15=Passed, Image Verification=Passed, Bootp Server=Passed, Config Title="4/26/2021 01:02 PM - Running", Line Vty 0 4=Passed, Logging Rule=Passed, Banner Rule=Passed, Config Type=Running, Finger Rule=Passed, Http Server=Passed, Name Server=Passed, Pad Service=Passed, System Boot=Passed, Telnet Rule=Passed, Trap Source=Passed, NTP Rule- GE=Passed, ftp service=Passed, ssh version=Passed, Source Route=Passed, Http Access Class=Passed

I need some of the fields to be extracted from that data

Dns Rule=Passed, HOSTNAME=Passed, username=Passed, ssh Timeout rule=Passed, Node Name="IND-JLN-DIV-COR-SW-02.genpact.com", snmp rule=Passed, udld Rule=Passed, Enable Password=Passed, Snmp config rule=Passed, Line Vty 0 4 Timeout & acl=Passed, Line Con 0 timeout=Passed, Service Policy=Passed, Https Rule=Passed, Line Con 0=Passed, Line aux 0=Passed, Node Ip Address="3.205.208.35", Don't Username=Passed, Service Password Encryption=Passed, Aaa Server-GE=Passed, Line Vty 5 15=Passed, Image Verification=Passed, Bootp Server=Passed,

please help with the solution.
it would be appriciated

Labels (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| eval keep=_raw
| rex mode=sed "s/.*Dns rule/Dns rule/g"

View solution in original post

0 Karma

vinod743374
Communicator

thank you ,
it is working, is there any way to save that filtered _raw data to a new field ,  is there any possibility to keep the original data also , can you give me any solution for this. 

0 Karma

vinod743374
Communicator

Thankyou, it is working ,  is there any possibility to save this filtered data to a new field, 
or is there any possibility to keep that  original data also ??

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| eval keep=_raw
0 Karma

vinod743374
Communicator

Thank you so much .

0 Karma

vinod743374
Communicator

i want to extract some of the raw data  from _raw ,that are not useful for me. 

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| extract pairdelim="," kvdelim="="
0 Karma

vinod743374
Communicator

Thanks for the response, but i need that fields to be like a _raw only. not like a table.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Which fields do you want or not want? For example, if you didn't want everything before "Dns rule" you could do this

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...