Splunk Search

how to extract field from csv raw data

ravir_jbp
Explorer

below csv file getting generated which is ingested into splunk. These are the file counts created date wise on different folders. My rex command does not pickup the date, filepath and count. Please help how we can extract these field from below csv raw data.

"Date","Folder","FileCount"
"11-07-2023","E:\Intra\I\IE\Processed\Error","381"
"11-08-2023","E:\Intra\I\IE\Processed\Error","263"
"11-09-2023","E:\Intra\I\IE\Processed\Error","223"
"11-10-2023","E:\Intra\I\IE\Processed\Error","133"
"11-11-2023","E:\Intra\I\IE\Processed\Error","3"
"11-12-2023","E:\Intra\I\IE\Processed\Success","4"
"11-13-2023","E:\Intra\I\IE\Processed\Success","4"","218"
"11-14-2023","E:\Intra\I\IE\Processed\Success","4"","200"
"11-15-2023","E:\Intra\I\IE\Processed\Error","284"

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @ravir_jbp ... for the data already logged into splunk, do you want to use Splunk Search query and get some results? (and maybe do you want to create dashboard/alert/report) 

or

do you want to onboard/ingest some csv files, but the field extraction not working as expected, please suggest, thanks. 

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What do you mean by "my rex command does not pick up the date, filepath and count"?

This is structured data and can be onboarded as such with INDEXED_EXTRACTIONS=csv

0 Karma

ravir_jbp
Explorer

@PickleRick  can you please provide me more information on this

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.1.1/Data/Extractfieldsfromfileswithstructureddata

Otherwise, if your field order is constant, you can simply parse them out with a regex indeed. But it should be relatively simple - something like

^"(?<field1>.*)","(?<field2>.*)","(?<field3>.*)"$

You have to be careful not to end your match early if you get some escaped quotes earlier in the event.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...