Here I have a field as below

time
"0"
"7"
"56"
"101"
"3045"
"7034"

These show a time stamp, 0 is 0 second, 56 is 56 seconds, 101 is 1m1s, 3045 is 30m45s.
I would like to transform these to mm:ss format,  so "0" would be "00:00", "101" would be "01:01". 

How I can do this? 

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

rnowitzki
Builder

Hi @K2 ,

This should work if you only have 1-4 characters in the string. If it's more, you would have to extend the case statement.

| eval length=len(value) 
| eval timestamp=case(length=1,"00:0"+value,length=2,"00:"+value,length=3,"0"+substr(value,1,1)+":"+substr(value,2,2),length=4,substr(value,1,2)+":"+substr(value,3,2))
| fields - length

The input field is "value" in my case. I just saw that yours is called "time", looking at your table, so you will have to exchange "value" with "time" in the SPL...

Hope it helps

BR
Ralph
--
Karma and/or Solution tagging appreciated.

--

View solution in original post

rnowitzki
Builder

Hi @K2 ,

This should work if you only have 1-4 characters in the string. If it's more, you would have to extend the case statement.

| eval length=len(value) 
| eval timestamp=case(length=1,"00:0"+value,length=2,"00:"+value,length=3,"0"+substr(value,1,1)+":"+substr(value,2,2),length=4,substr(value,1,2)+":"+substr(value,3,2))
| fields - length

The input field is "value" in my case. I just saw that yours is called "time", looking at your table, so you will have to exchange "value" with "time" in the SPL...

Hope it helps

BR
Ralph
--

--

K2
Engager

Hi @rnowitzki ,

Thank you!! Amazing line works so good, I would like to give you my appreciation again.

Regards,
K2

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...