Splunk Search

getting all the value's of the culum in a table in a variable

yonick
Engager

Hi i'm trying to to make a custom dashboard. This is wat i got so far. The dashboard is in html it is an image of the schema with all the servers for that application. the point is to get a quick overview to see where something is wrong. I can't use simple xml because the data has to be "real time". I use javascript to rerun the searches every minute. Now there is a server where the load time sometimes spikes and when it spikes to much things go wrong.
So to make the dashboard more complete i want to add a sparkline with the load time on this server. So you can see the load time of the last 30 min. or so
I know javascript code to make this happen but the thing i need is the variables to put in the sparkline. So I want all the variables of a column in a table. The table is drafted with a timespan search. like this

search... | timechart span=5s count as values

The dashboard is in html so to extact the values i tried to use this:

new SearchEventHandler({
                manegerid: "searchID1",
                event: "preview",
                conditions: [
                    {
                        attr: "any",
                        value: "*",
                        actions: [
                            {"type": "set", "token": "loadtime_1", "value": "$result[1].values$"},
                            {"type": "set", "token": "loadtime_2", "value": "$result[2].values$"},
                            {"type": "set", "token": "loadtime_3", "value": "$result[3].values$"},
                            {"type": "set", "token": "loadtime_n", "value": "$result[n].values$"}
                        ]
                    }
                ]
            });

This didn't work the tokes i used in html, like all other thing i did on this dashboard.
Has annyone a solution to this or an alternative method to achief the same goal

thanks in advance

0 Karma

cb_usps
Explorer

You can do "real time" in simple HTML. (At least to the granularity you specified.) I have pasted the source for a panel I use, which uses a 10 minute refresh. If you want 1 minute refresh, use this in place of the line from my example:

<option name="refresh.auto.interval">60</option>

So, create the search you need and save it to a dashboard, then edit the source and add the "refresh.auto.interval" line to the chart.

example:

<panel>
  <chart>
    <title>CPU Utilization by Host</title>
    <search>
      <query>index=os sourcetype=cpu $hosts$ | timechart span=$span$ avg(pctCPUutil) by host</query>
      <earliest>$tpicker.earliest$</earliest>
      <latest>$tpicker.latest$</latest>
    </search>
    <option name="refresh.auto.interval">600</option>
    <option name="charting.legend.placement">bottom</option>
    ... snip ...
    <option name="charting.axisY.maximumNumber">100</option>
  </chart>
</panel>
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

This is very hard to read (understand); perhaps you have time to go back and fix some of the confusing phrasing and spelling (particularly in the title/subject). Why are you using html and not simple.xml?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...