Splunk Search

field values with "invisible" characters?

gliptak
Explorer

I have a number of events searchable by:

index=main sourcetype="myevents"

All of them show foo field with value bar

When adding that as a filter to my query:

index=main sourcetype="myevents" foo=bar

no results are returned.

If I update above to

index=main sourcetype="myevents" foo="bar*"

I do get results.

Any pointers on how to see the real value of foo?

PS I couldn't print foo as list of characters. The closest I got was

| rex field=foo mode=sed "s/(.)/\1+/g"

which printed

b+a+r+

note the last character seems to 'r'

Labels (1)
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...