Splunk Search

field value as a search pattern for filtering

Arvids
Loves-to-Learn

I have got table, which contains field SSS with search patterns and another field FFF, to which I want apply search patterns in order to get records with matches.

Something like:
SSS                  FFF
*Tomcat*       /opt/app/tomcat/
*jquery*          libxml2-2.9.1-6.el7.5.x86_64
*                         Package Installed Version Required Version python-perf
*jquery*           jQuery Version Prior to 3.5.0

Can't figure out case insensitive solution, which will return the first, third and fourth record.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

Arvids
Loves-to-Learn

At the end of day I came to dirty workaround 🙂 Will leave comment here, may be it will help to somebody.

I used | eval EEE=if(match(FFF,".*".SSS.".*"), 1,0) to indicate matches, but had to change SSS field wildcards, thankfully it was made by semimanual CSV.  Match function uses regex, so I had to remove * wildcards before and especially after, replace all * by .* and shorten search words to exclude potential capital letters - like omcat or uery ). As you can see, solution is still case insensitive, so feel free to offer improvements.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...