Splunk Search

field extraction

dasari
Engager

I am able to execute the below search command using rex and retrieve the output successfully

index=xyz | rex field=_raw "queue[\s=]'(?.*)'([\s:]|$)" | search q1='test.queue'

however when i am creating a filed extraction using regex for the above "q1" field i am unable to retrieve any results.(index=xyz | q1='test.queue'
regex used in field extraction page is queue[\s=]'(?.*)'([\s:]|$)

can anyone help me in letting me know how to create the field extraction from a rex command

Tags (1)

Lucas_K
Motivator

Tried using the "where" command?

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/4.3.4/SearchReference/Where

so use it something like ... index=xyz | rex field=_raw "queue[s=]'(?.*)'([s:]|$)" | where like(q1, "test.queue")

0 Karma

dasari
Engager

2012-01-03 16:42:17.346 [MSG:234123] acknowledged by user='admin': queue='test.queue'
2012-01-03 16:42:17.334 : Destroyed producer (connid=10, sessid=9, prodid=4) into queue 'test.queue'

in both the cases im trying to extract queue field

0 Karma

jbsplunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It would help if you could post a sample of your data.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...