Splunk Search

extract multiple values from fields in same event

kannu
Communicator

Hello team ,

I am having one event in which single field have multiple value like provided below:

{"body":{"records": [{ "category": "AzureFirewallNetworkRule", "time": "2021-04-26T13:13:37.0631470Z", "resourceId": "/SUBSCRIPTIONS/**********-*****-****-**/RESOURCEGROUPS/C-ABS-IT-SS-PROD-UKS-RG/PROVIDERS/MICROSOFT.NETWORK/AZUREFIREWALLS/C-ABS-IT-SS-PROD-UKS-FIREWALL", "operationName": "AzureFirewallNetworkRuleLog", "properties": {"msg":"TCP request from 10.119.252.16:64967 to 54.83.8.19:54443. Action: Deny"}},{ "category": "AzureFirewallNetworkRule", "time": "2021-04-26T13:13:37.4217670Z", "resourceId": "/SUBSCRIPTIONS/**********-*****-****-**/RESOURCEGROUPS/C-ABS-IT-SS-PROD-UKS-RG/PROVIDERS/MICROSOFT.NETWORK/AZUREFIREWALLS/C-ABS-IT-SS-PROD-UKS-FIREWALL", "operationName": "AzureFirewallNetworkRuleLog", "properties": {"msg":"TCP request from 10.119.34.12:62142 to 131.100.0.201:5938. Action: Deny"}},{ "category": "AzureFirewallNetworkRule", "time": "2021-04-26T13:13:37.9262290Z", "resourceId": "/SUBSCRIPTIONS/**********-*****-****-**/RESOURCEGROUPS/C-ABS-IT-SS-PROD-UKS-RG/PROVIDERS/MICROSOFT.NETWORK/AZUREFIREWALLS/C-ABS-IT-SS-PROD-UKS-FIREWALL", "operationName": "AzureFirewallNetworkRuleLog", "properties": {"msg":"TCP request from 10.119.252.196:13973 to 40.79.154.87:443. Action: Allow"}}

Above is one single event

from which i want to extract src ip and dest ip 

for example 10.119.252.16 is src ip and 54.83.8.19 is dest ip , I want to extract all from backend i dont wana use  rex max_match=0 .

Please let me know how can i extract all from backend .

Thanks

Kannu

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

kannu
Communicator

Well , I have figured out the answer of my problem ,

Which is  first I have extracted the inner json , from main json event , then i have used props.conf to index them using seprate event in that way splunk is taking all field with separate events   .

[azure]
LINE_BREAKER=((?<=\}),(?=\{)|[\r\n]+)
TRUNCATE = 0
SHOULD_LINEMERGE = false
SEDCMD-remove_prefix=s/{"body":{"records":.?\[//g
SEDCMD-remove_suffix=s/\]}.*}//g

View solution in original post

kannu
Communicator

Well , I have figured out the answer of my problem ,

Which is  first I have extracted the inner json , from main json event , then i have used props.conf to index them using seprate event in that way splunk is taking all field with separate events   .

[azure]
LINE_BREAKER=((?<=\}),(?=\{)|[\r\n]+)
TRUNCATE = 0
SHOULD_LINEMERGE = false
SEDCMD-remove_prefix=s/{"body":{"records":.?\[//g
SEDCMD-remove_suffix=s/\]}.*}//g

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

When you say you want to "extract all from backend", do you mean you want to know how to extracted them at indexing time rather than search time?

0 Karma

kannu
Communicator

@ITWhisperer  Yes index time

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...