Splunk Search

correlate value using common field

MrGlass
Engager

Here is my search in question, the common field is the SessionID

index=eis_lb apm_eis_rdp
|fillnull value="-"
|search UserID!="-"
| rex field=_raw "\/Common\/apm_eis_rdp:ent-eis[:a-zA-Z0-9_.-](?'SessionID'........)"
|search company_info="*"
|rename company_info as "Agency"
| table _time, SessionID, UserID,Full_Name, Agency, HostName, client_ip
| sort - _time

_time                                  SessionID UserID      Full_Name Agency   HostName client_ip
2024-03-22 08:25:29 4f89ae57 Redacted Redacted Redacted Redacted            -

If I remove the Search UserID I can see the matching session ID and the client_ip is present.

_time                               SessionID       UserID    Full_Name    Agency      HostName              client_ip

2024-03-22 14:26:48 4f89ae57     Redacted Redacted    Redacted   Redacted                    -
2024-03-22 14:25:52 4f89ae57 - - - -                                                                                                 Redacted

How can I create a search like above to show the client_ip maching the SessionID

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

normally you could use e.g. stats to do correlation between events. In your case try e.g.

| stats first(_time) as _time values(*) as * by SessionID

This will generate one event by each SessionID with contains other fields as multivalue fields or if values was same in all combined events then normal field.

r. Ismo

View solution in original post

MrGlass
Engager

Thank You, this worked, the only thing I wish I could see is just the matched lines and get rid of the blank rows.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
You should look e.g where an isnull function. With it you could drop unwanted rows away.
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

normally you could use e.g. stats to do correlation between events. In your case try e.g.

| stats first(_time) as _time values(*) as * by SessionID

This will generate one event by each SessionID with contains other fields as multivalue fields or if values was same in all combined events then normal field.

r. Ismo

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...