Splunk Search

correlate value using common field

MrGlass
Engager

Here is my search in question, the common field is the SessionID

index=eis_lb apm_eis_rdp
|fillnull value="-"
|search UserID!="-"
| rex field=_raw "\/Common\/apm_eis_rdp:ent-eis[:a-zA-Z0-9_.-](?'SessionID'........)"
|search company_info="*"
|rename company_info as "Agency"
| table _time, SessionID, UserID,Full_Name, Agency, HostName, client_ip
| sort - _time

_time                                  SessionID UserID      Full_Name Agency   HostName client_ip
2024-03-22 08:25:29 4f89ae57 Redacted Redacted Redacted Redacted            -

If I remove the Search UserID I can see the matching session ID and the client_ip is present.

_time                               SessionID       UserID    Full_Name    Agency      HostName              client_ip

2024-03-22 14:26:48 4f89ae57     Redacted Redacted    Redacted   Redacted                    -
2024-03-22 14:25:52 4f89ae57 - - - -                                                                                                 Redacted

How can I create a search like above to show the client_ip maching the SessionID

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

normally you could use e.g. stats to do correlation between events. In your case try e.g.

| stats first(_time) as _time values(*) as * by SessionID

This will generate one event by each SessionID with contains other fields as multivalue fields or if values was same in all combined events then normal field.

r. Ismo

View solution in original post

MrGlass
Engager

Thank You, this worked, the only thing I wish I could see is just the matched lines and get rid of the blank rows.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
You should look e.g where an isnull function. With it you could drop unwanted rows away.
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

normally you could use e.g. stats to do correlation between events. In your case try e.g.

| stats first(_time) as _time values(*) as * by SessionID

This will generate one event by each SessionID with contains other fields as multivalue fields or if values was same in all combined events then normal field.

r. Ismo

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...