Splunk Search

configuring splunk to start at boot time config file

aaronkorn
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Is there a .conf file in splunk where you can configure splunk to start at boot time?

aholzer
Motivator

I don't believe it's a change in a splunk .conf file. When you run the CLI that several people mentioned below, it will make an entry into /etc/init.d I believe. That's where you'd have to check, but you can't roll something out via the deployment server to that location.

You may want to write a script that takes a list of hosts and runs the CLI on each host.

0 Karma

gfuente
Motivator

Hello

You can run this command from the splunk/bin folder:

./splunk enable boot-start -user splunk 

Or any other user you want splunk start with

Regards

0 Karma

aaronkorn
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello, I know there is a CLI command for it but we forgot to do this on a couple UF and would like to do a mass config change. We are just looking for a particular flag in a .conf file to set and push out.

0 Karma

phoffman_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...