Splunk Search

chart percentage over over item by user

wang
Path Finder

Let say I have a chart that reports the count of what user has purchased what item. I can create a nice table using chart count over item by user.
===== UserA === UserB === UserC
Item X ====1 =======2 ======= 1
Item Y ==== 2 ====== 3 ======= 5

Now I want each row to report not the count, but the percentage, on a per row basis
====UserA UserB UserC
Item X 25% 50% 25%
Item Y 20% 30% 50%

So essentially, I want to chart percentage over over item by user. How do I do that?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

lguinn2
Legend

If you want to know the percentage of item X that was purchased by each user, then do this:

yoursearchhere
| stats count by item user
| eventstats sum(count) as total by item
| eval percentage=round(count*100/total,1)
| xyseries item user percentage

Instead of looking at the percentage by item, you could look at it by user - just switch "user" for "item" in line 3

View solution in original post

lguinn2
Legend

If you want to know the percentage of item X that was purchased by each user, then do this:

yoursearchhere
| stats count by item user
| eventstats sum(count) as total by item
| eval percentage=round(count*100/total,1)
| xyseries item user percentage

Instead of looking at the percentage by item, you could look at it by user - just switch "user" for "item" in line 3

wang
Path Finder

Worked perfectly. Thanks for the quick reply.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...