Splunk Search

capability required to edit objects via rest api

arvind_Sugajeev
Explorer

While sending a rest api request to change the owner of a knowledge object i am getting the following error "You do not have permission to share objects at the system level" even though the user has "sc_admin" role. Is there any specific capability that is missing that is needed for this ?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

it seems that this feature has documented on Splunk Enterprise REST API User Manual only. I cannot find that manual for splunk cloud. I suppose that feature is now available for anyone else than users which have admin role? In SCP that role is restricted for Splunk Cloud Ops team only, not for any customers.

If need you can create a support ticket and ask is this a valid assumption? 

r. Ismo

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Let’s Talk Terraform

If you’re beyond the first-weeks-of-a-startup stage, chances are your application’s architecture is pretty ...

Cloud Platform | Customer Change Announcement: Email Notification is Available For ...

The Notification Team is migrating our email service provider. As the rollout progresses, Splunk has enabled ...

Save the Date: GovSummit Returns Wednesday, December 11th!

Hey there, Splunk Community! Exciting news: Splunk’s GovSummit 2024 is returning to Washington, D.C. on ...