Splunk Search

Writing records to KVStore - Strange Behavior

prashantsreeniv
Observer

Hello

Am attempting to identify the name of the SQL Server and the SQL Agent process name based on a CMDB lookup and storing them into a KVStore.

The results from the SPL itself show the correct results, however when checking the KVStore, its found that only the process name related to the Agent gets stored.

On filtering the results, am able to store the Server process name, but when running without filters only the Agent process name is stored.

SPL last lines -

| inputlookup append=true lookup_host_process_monitoring_list
| dedup process snow_node
| outputlookup lookup_host_process_monitoring_list

Results from execution -

SPL Output.png

Result stored in KVStore -

KVStore Result.png

If the same SPL, I send the output to a CSV, all the results get saved.

Has anyone seen or come across a similar situation? 

Thanks n regards

Prashant

Labels (1)
0 Karma

lekanneer
Loves-to-Learn Lots

This is why I developed a solution to overcome the problem of lookups and/or indexes and/or complex searches. My solution is using a Neo4j graph database in between the source of the information and Splunk. The good thing of the graph database is that it is capable of searching for relationships or the lack of relationships. So you can even combine several sources to give you the context that you need.

I'm triggered for the CMDB word. And with my solution it becomes much much more easy.

I wrote a post about that recently: SOCs: why they struggle with context 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...