Splunk Search

Workflow actions and variables

gargantua
Loves-to-Learn Everything

Hi,

We have a internal wiki with tons of useful informations about hosts and IPs.

I'm trying to set up a workflow that triggers a search of the value -IP or Hostname- on this internal wiki.

First issue : Since this workflow action should work with a variety of fields (src_ip, dest_ip, host, src, dest, etc.) : What variable shall I use in order to return in the workflow action the selected value ? Is there a sort of global variable like $the_selected_value$ no matter it's an IP address, a hostname or whatsoever ?

Second issue : I selected my workflow to be applied on any field with a * but the workflow action is just not available anywhere.

Thanks in advance for your kind help on this matter !

Best

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gargantua
Loves-to-Learn Everything

I added the workflow action within the web UI of a search head.

We're using Splunk Enterprise and Enterprise Security.
All of our Splunk instances are on version 9

We ingest all type of events : *nix, windows sysmon, web server access logs, firewalls, etc.

The workflow action is now available, but I still don't know what variable to use in my web request.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Where is this workflow defined? Which Splunk product(s) and version(s) are you using? What events do you have ingested into Splunk?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...