Splunk Search
Highlighted

Why is there no Raw Events export option when I have a search with stats command or returns a table?

Communicator

From the GUI, you should also see a "Raw Events" as an export option along with json, xml, and csv however I do not see Raw Events when I have a search that has the stats command present or returns a table. Any idea how to get a round this?

Tags (3)
0 Karma
Highlighted

Re: Why is there no Raw Events export option when I have a search with stats command or returns a table?

Motivator

Stats is a transforming command you do not have any raw events anymore once you've used it.
http://docs.splunk.com/Splexicon:Transformingcommand

Highlighted

Re: Why is there no Raw Events export option when I have a search with stats command or returns a table?

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You will not see that option only for the searches with stats/table as there is no data present in event form. Since you've ran a stats/table command, what do you expect to see in the Raw Events export?

Highlighted

Communicator

That's what I thought was happening. I'd like to see what you see when you click on the events tab, the raw logs or a csv with each field in it. If Splunk can show you the related events why can't you export what you see?

0 Karma