Splunk Search

Why doesn't event one field value not match with lookup file field value?

Abhineet
Loves-to-Learn Everything

We have event having field "ip_client" and have lookup file i.e(F5_IPS_Exclusion.csv) having field "F5_Exclusion_IP" as mentioned below.

LOOKUP

|input lookup F5_IPS_Exclusion.csv

F5_Exclusion_IPS

Note: lookup file contains duplicate value too.

Require search query which will return events whose "ip_clent" field value doesn't match with "F5_Exclusion_IPS" field value in lookup file.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

Abhineet

"ip_client" is already field in splunk event. we want all event whose "ip_client" field value doesn't match with lookup file field "F5_Exclusion_IPS" value.

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
<your search> NOT ([|input lookup F5_IPS_Exclusion.csv | rename whatever AS ip_client | table ip_client])

Replace "whatever" with your column name.

0 Karma

Abhineet

HI Rick!

"ip_client" is field in event we want all event whose "ip_client" field value not matches with IP in lookup table file "F5_IPS_Exclusion.csv"

query you have provided is not working for me.

I just want to discard event whose "Ip_client" field matches with IP in lookup table.

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, I understand what you want. And this search should do that - the subsearch is effectively expanded to a set of conditions which are then negated so it should give you an exclusion of a set of values.

What do you mean by "is not working"?

0 Karma

Abhineet

it's get resolved.. find solution.

lookup F5_IPS_Exclusion.csv F5_Exclusion_IPS AS ip_client OUTPUT F5_Exclusion_IPS| where isnull(F5_Exclusion_IPS) | table ip_client

it gives all "ip_client" not present in lookup file "F5_IPS_Exclusion.csv"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...