Splunk Search

Why do some entries (of type search) have api_et, api_lt, and others have apiStartTime,apiEndTime?

jason0
Path Finder

Hello,

I am digging through my _audit index to see what searches people are running over time, but I am confused by the following fields.

1. api_et , api_It
  2. apiStartTime, apiEndTime

It would appear that api_et and apiEndTime are the same thing.  same with api_lt, and api_StartTime.   I get that api_(el)t are epoch times, and the others are formatted dates.

Why do some entries (of type search) have api_et, api_lt, and others have apiStartTime,apiEndTime?  Thus far I have to do any calculations based on the presence of both sets and use coalesce to choose between the one that's not bogus.

--jason

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jason0,

I don't know why there's this behaviour, this i a question for Splunk Project Team, but anyway, you already identified the solution: use coalesce to be sure to have a value for calculations.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jason0,

I don't know why there's this behaviour, this i a question for Splunk Project Team, but anyway, you already identified the solution: use coalesce to be sure to have a value for calculations.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jason0 

good for you, see next time!

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma

jason0
Path Finder

Thanks Guiseppe, I appreciate your response.  It helps me a lot!

--jason

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...