Splunk Search

Why can't I compare if RESPTI is bigger than the UCL (since it does not want to load in the value)?

Stijn
Loves-to-Learn

source=PR1 sourcetype="sap:abap" EVENT_TYPE=STAD EVENT_SUBTYPE=MAIN (TCODE="ZORF_BOX_CLOSING") SYUCOMM="SICH_T" ACCOUNT=HRL*
| eval RESPTI = round(RESPTI/1000,2), DBCALLTI=round(DBCALLTI/1000,2)
| timechart avg(RESPTI) as "Average_Execution_Time" avg(DBCALLTI) as "Average_DB_Time" span=5m
| eval Average_Execution_Time = round(Average_Execution_Time,2), Average_DB_Time=round(Average_DB_Time,2)
| eventstats
| eval UCL='stdev(Average_Execution_Time)'+'mean(Average_Execution_Time)', UCL_DB='stdev(Average_DB_Time)'+'mean(Average_DB_Time)'
| eval day_of_week = strftime(_time,"%A")
| where day_of_week!= "Saturday" and day_of_week!= "Sunday"
| eval New_Field=if(RESPTI >= UCL, 1, 0)
| timechart sum(New_Field) span=$span$

This is the search that i am using. I am trying to get a barchart that show the amount of times that the RESPTI goes over the UCL. The problem that i am having is that i cannot compare if RESPTI is bigger than the UCL since it does not want to load in the value. if i try to table it like | table RESPTI, UCL, New_Field then RESPTI will just show up empty.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Your eventstats command appears to have no parameters.

0 Karma

Stijn
Loves-to-Learn

I coppied the original search from a dashboard that somebody else made. if i remove the eventstats the search does not work at all

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

eventstats requires at least one aggregation function which you don't appear to have (unless you aren't showing us the complete search?)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...