Splunk Search

Why am I getting "Error in 'disabler' command: The external search command 'disabler' does not exist in commands.conf"?

annalisefolsen
Explorer

I have an app for a custom command called disabler and I am trying to call the command by:

... | disabler | ...

But I keep getting the error message:

Error in 'disabler' command: The external search command 'disabler' does not exist in commands.conf.

I have placed the commands.conf file in both the default and local folders and have restarted Splunk, but the results are always the same. This is my commands.conf file:

[disabler]
filename = splunkProgram.py
generating = true
local = true
maxinput = 0
0 Karma
1 Solution

annalisefolsen
Explorer

Okay, I have fixed this. This has the best explanations for setting up an app. I was told in other posts that logging.conf was optional, but apparently it is not. This should help anyone looking to answer this http://blogs.splunk.com/2014/04/14/building-custom-search-commands-in-python-part-i-a-simple-generat...

View solution in original post

annalisefolsen
Explorer

Okay, I have fixed this. This has the best explanations for setting up an app. I was told in other posts that logging.conf was optional, but apparently it is not. This should help anyone looking to answer this http://blogs.splunk.com/2014/04/14/building-custom-search-commands-in-python-part-i-a-simple-generat...

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...