Splunk Search

Why am I getting duplicate colors in a stacked time chart in Splunk 6.2?

vikas_gopal
Builder

Hi Experts,

I have an issue with stacked time chart. My search is like

Sourcetype="ABC"| timechart count by dest_ip usenull=f useother=f

I am getting top 10 IP addresses with count but I can see duplicate colors, like yellow color 3 times. Is there any way to provide different color to all 10 different IPs

Thanks
VG

Tags (3)
0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can change the colours to suit your needs using the charting.seriesColors or charting.fieldColors options, see http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.1/Viz/ChartConfigurationReference#General_chart_prop... for reference.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

With charting.fieldColors you would have to know the fields (IPs in your case) beforehand, yes.

With charting.seriesColors you can specify your own colours to use for the first, second, and so on field - basically override the automatic assignment of colours Splunk makes by default.

I'm a bit surprised you get colour overlap though, you you post a screenshot? If that's a general issue it'd be nice to get it addressed properly.

0 Karma

vikas_gopal
Builder

Thanks for the quick response Martin, but with this solution I have to define series color manually , because I am getting random IP as output so how I can fix this .

0 Karma

vikas_gopal
Builder

I am facing this issue in Splunk 6.2 version .Same thing is working fine in Splunk 6.0 version.Please suggest if anyone facing such issue in 6.2.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...