Splunk Search

Why am I getting an "unknown search command error" when trying to execute a custom command on the Search Head?

kiril123
Path Finder

I have created a custom generating command on the search head. I also want to execute this command on the search head. I don't want this command to be sent to the indexers. This is why I have set distributed = False and local = True in the commands.conf as below.

[generatepaths]
distributed = False
chunked = true
local = True
enableheader = true
outputheader = true
requires_srinfo = true
supports_getinfo = true
supports_multivalues = true
supports_rawargs = true
filename = system_python.path
command.arg.1 = sankey.py

Sometimes, you have to set the same parameters in multiple places. So I have also configured the following in my python script to force the command to be executed locally:

@Configuration(local=True)

Still no luck. I get a "Search Factory: Unknown search command 'generatepaths'" error from every indexer. What should I do to execute custom command locally on the Search Head. Is there some other hidden undocumented setting i have to look for or this is simpy a bug?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...