Splunk Search

When running a search in Splunk 6.2.6, why do results not display and I only see the message "Finalizing job..."?

rakesh_498115
Motivator

Hi Team.

I am using SPLUNK version 6.2.6 and when I run my search in search app, I could see it's executing for a while and then it pops up a "Finalizing job... " message and not finalizing the search results.

Is it a bug in SPLUNK 6.2.6? I am not able view any search results because of this.

Please find the screen shot for the same.
alt text

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Sometimes it can take a long time to finalize the results. You might want to turn "preview" off to help speed things up. That and further optimize your search.

0 Karma

rakesh_498115
Motivator

but i am trying to run the search the one day window and its hanging on the finalize screen....didnt see this behaviour in older versions of splunk.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...