Splunk Search

When SQL set data is sent to Splunk via sql scripts, do you use sql syntax or do you utilize Splunk query linguistics?

reneedeleon
Engager

This is just a question for my learning.  When SQL set data is sent to Splunk via sql scripts, do you use sql syntax or do you utilize Splunk query linguistics? and can you format your rows and columns in the same manner? I'm crowd sourcing to better build my report. 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @reneedeleon .. You can use the DBConnect app to ingest data from a SQL to Splunk.. it will use a SQL to select the data as per your requirements.. and then once data got ingested to Splunk, you can use the Splunk SPL for report creation.. Please check the documentation:

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/3.9.0/DeployDBX/HowSplunkDBConnectworks

reneedeleon
Engager

Awesome @inventsekar I will give this a try. I was definitely concerned as I have only dealt with data in Splunk as it is ingested in a CEF format. Utilizing SQL scripts for data ingestion is a new format for me. Thank you.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...