Splunk Search

What is the best way to join search queries in different time zones?

nehal_shah
Explorer

What is the best way to join search queries in different time zones? I have tried following and it doesn't work. It just goes through everything and disregards the earliest and latest completely.

Query 1 | eval earliest=if(isnum("$timepicker1.earliest$"),strftime("$timepicker1.earliest$",'%m/%d/%Y:%H:%M:%S'),"$timepicker1.earliest$") | eval latest=if(isnum("$timepicker1.latest$"),strftime("$timepicker1.latest$",'%m/%d/%Y:%H:%M:%S'),"$timepicker1.latest$")  | fields earliest latest| join [search Query 2 | eval earliest=if(isnum("$timepicker2.earliest$"),strftime("$timepicker2.earliest$",'%m/%d/%Y:%H:%M:%S'),"$timepicker2.earliest$") | eval latest=if(isnum("$timepicker2.latest$"),strftime("$timepicker2.latest$",'%m/%d/%Y:%H:%M:%S'),"$timepicker2.latest$") | fields earliest latest ]
0 Karma
1 Solution

nehal_shah
Explorer

I managed to get around by using the gentimes. Look at the following link for more details.

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/454360/set-earliest-and-latest-using-a-variable-depending.html

View solution in original post

0 Karma

nehal_shah
Explorer

I managed to get around by using the gentimes. Look at the following link for more details.

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/454360/set-earliest-and-latest-using-a-variable-depending.html

0 Karma

nehal_shah
Explorer

I see your point. Yes I am getting data from separate disjointed data ranges.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You're adding two fields to your search results using eval, that's not going to magically filter the preceding search.

Are you trying to get data from two separate time ranges? For example, one time range picker set to "last week" and one set to "today"?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...