From time to time, I would need to blast the folders in the dispatch folder. Can anyone shed some light on the naming convention? Here are the name prefixes I have found... Some are obvious, some... not so much...
Ok.. gonna answer some of this myself based on observation in my environment...
1. scheduler--this search has been invoked by the scheduler... duh!
2. rt--searches that are real time
3. remote-In a pooled search head environment, the search is dispatched for all pooled search heads, so, searches with the "Remote" prefix essentially indicates that the search is a spawned to a searchhead from the original search.
4. somenumber--haven't figured this one out yet.
5. Splunk01--this is a mistake.. there is no splunk prefix
6. username--this is a search spawned by a user
so.. just need to figure out what "somenumber" is.. then I'm good.. if anyone can help..that would be great.