Splunk Search

Using sort 0 to avoid 10000 row limit

leica0000
Engager

alt text

Sorry for the silly attention-grabbing dancing question mark. 🙂

Thanks for any help on this. I've had to dive into the deep end of Splunk with no previous exposure for various staffing reasons, so please forgive my ignorance.

I'm trying to get my use of the sort 0 command (to override the 10k scheduler output limitation. I'm using the cloud version so no control on the conf files on the server or anything like that.

Where am I still missing a sort 0?!?

I've got this, but it's still truncating all rows after 10,000 rows.

Thing.process.valid.request OR herschel.update.job.completed

| transaction activity_id startswith="Thing.process.valid.request" endswith="herschel.update.job.completed"

| eval start_time=_time

| eval end_time=_time+duration

| convert timeformat="%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S" ctime(start_time) AS ThingPackager_Start

| convert timeformat="%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S" ctime(end_time) AS Sent_To_Thing

| eval delay_hours = round(duration/60/60, 2)

| rename activity_id AS tar_name

| eval media_assetID=substr(tar_name,1,12)

| sort 0 end_time

| stats first  as *, first(_*) as _* by media_assetID

| table Thing_Start Sent_To_Thing start_time end_time Thing_id tar_name media_assetID delay_hours | sort 0 by delay_hours desc

Thank you for any help, I'm going bonkers trying to get my head around this syntax.

0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You're hitting a limit in your transaction command. I'd also recommend adding sort AFTER your reporting command stats

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...