Splunk Search

Using Relative Time To Lookup New Hires Within The Last 3 Months

payton_tayvion
Path Finder

I'm currently trying to create a search that look for employees hired within the last 3 months, but I keep getting all of the results. Here's the code:

| where _time >= relative_time(now(),"-3mon") 
| eval HR_STATUS=case(CGH_RITS_EMP_STAT="TE", "Terminated", CGH_RITS_EMP_STAT="AC","Active",CGH_RITS_EMP_STAT="LE", "Leave of Absence", CGH_RITS_EMP_STAT="PA", "Paid Leave of Absence", true(), "Other") 
| eval TYPE=case(CGH_RITS_EMP_CODE="E", "EMPLOYEE", CGH_RITS_EMP_CODE="C","CONSULTANT", true(), "Other") 
| eval Date=(strptime(ORIG_HIRE_DT,"%Y%m%d")) 
| eval Hire_Date=strftime(Date,"%m/%d/%Y") 
| table CGH_SOE_ID, FIRST_NAME, LAST_NAME, JOBTITLE, TYPE, EMAIL_ADDR, Hire_Date, ORIG_HIRE_DT, HR_STATUS 
| rename CGH_SOE_ID AS SOE_ID, EMPLID AS GEID 
| sort Hire_Date

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Shouldn't the where clause be comparing the hire date not the timestamp of the event?

| eval HR_STATUS=case(CGH_RITS_EMP_STAT="TE", "Terminated", CGH_RITS_EMP_STAT="AC","Active",CGH_RITS_EMP_STAT="LE", "Leave of Absence", CGH_RITS_EMP_STAT="PA", "Paid Leave of Absence", true(), "Other") 
| eval TYPE=case(CGH_RITS_EMP_CODE="E", "EMPLOYEE", CGH_RITS_EMP_CODE="C","CONSULTANT", true(), "Other") 
| eval Date=(strptime(ORIG_HIRE_DT,"%Y%m%d")) 
| where Date >= relative_time(now(),"-3mon") 
| eval Hire_Date=strftime(Date,"%m/%d/%Y") 
| table CGH_SOE_ID, FIRST_NAME, LAST_NAME, JOBTITLE, TYPE, EMAIL_ADDR, Hire_Date, ORIG_HIRE_DT, HR_STATUS 
| rename CGH_SOE_ID AS SOE_ID, EMPLID AS GEID 
| sort Hire_Date
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...