Splunk Search

Unable to extract value and receiving error message

shwetamis
Explorer

What am I doing wrong here??

index=du sourcetype="du:sbaservice-log"  du_service="dugovt4.0"  "ERROR=" | rex field=_raw "INFO\=\>CaseFileID\s+(?.*)" | rex field=_raw "INFO\=>Envelope\\InstID\s\=\s(?instID>\d+)"| rex field=_raw "lenderCaseNo\s\[(?\d+)\]" | rex field=_raw "Originating\sID\:\s+(?\S+)" | rex field=_raw "SBA\sCommand\:\s+(?\S+)" | rex field=_raw "Host\:\s+(?\S+)" | rex field=_raw " Base\sGUID\:\s+(?\S+)" | eval BTime = strptime(Begin_time, "%H:%M:%S.%3N")  | eval CTime = strptime(Completion_time, "%H:%M:%S.%3N")  | eval ResTime=CTime-BTime

Also, I am not getting the value of CASEFILEID data.

I get an error:

-Error in 'rex' command: Encountered the following error while compiling the regex 'INFO\=>Envelope\InstID\s\=\s(?instID>\d+)': Regex: unrecognized character follows \.

DATA:
11/21/2019 12:22:01.817 INFO=>Executing workflow...
11/21/2019 12:22:01.817 INFO=>CaseFileID 1427667459
11/21/2019 12:22:01.817 INFO=>Creating task 1003ToCLDF
11/21/2019 12:22:01.818 INFO=>Envelope InstID = 12006

0 Karma
1 Solution

wenthold
Communicator

Update: Fixed a typo

It's hard to tell since your example isn't in a code block, but try this:

| rex field=_raw "INFO=>CaseFileID\s*(?<CaseFileID>\d+)"
| rex field=_raw "INFO=>Envelope InstID\s*=\s*(?<instID>\d+)"

You don't have to escape all the characters, and I think the rex issue is that you have a "\" instead of maybe "\s" and in your field capture you didn't have the opening character "<" - (?instID>\d+) should be (?<instID>\d+)

View solution in original post

wenthold
Communicator

Update: Fixed a typo

It's hard to tell since your example isn't in a code block, but try this:

| rex field=_raw "INFO=>CaseFileID\s*(?<CaseFileID>\d+)"
| rex field=_raw "INFO=>Envelope InstID\s*=\s*(?<instID>\d+)"

You don't have to escape all the characters, and I think the rex issue is that you have a "\" instead of maybe "\s" and in your field capture you didn't have the opening character "<" - (?instID>\d+) should be (?<instID>\d+)

shwetamis
Explorer

That worked 🙂 thank you so much

0 Karma

wenthold
Communicator

you're welcome, glad it helped!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...