Splunk Search

Two Differnet searches in same index match second search with first Key-value

chetan022
Engager

I have Two Different searches in same index, In the first search I have to find using user ID and Session ID But in other second search I have to match my first Session ID with second search result and final O/P will be total count. Can you please help me with above scenario ?

Labels (5)
0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

index=your_index (first search) OR (second search)
| stats count count(User_ID) as flag by session_ID
| where flag > 0
| stats sum(count) as total

0 Karma

chetan022
Engager

Hi,

My scenario is so simple. 

1. There is one index  [But logs are in different place, i.e We can use same index with search but in different search window if we do OR , AND operation in single query is not able to find]

2. In the First query we need to search  a. Session id  B. and policy starts with some no like 4*

3. In Second search we need to check error/exception  with  same session id in next line [Same session ID that we captured in first query]

@to4kawa Please help 

0 Karma

chetan022
Engager

Hi ,

Here are the logs :

2020-12-09 09:57:48 | absc | THIS IS TEST | -SessionID :SGDGDJEYEUEUU3455 | Search1 Here : {Policynumber:4567

2020-12-09 10:05:39 | ERROR | Exception@Test Details- - Session SGDGDJEYEUEUU3455

Here Index is same but logs are different place...

In the First query we need to search a. Session id B. and policy starts with some no like 4*

3. In Second search we need to check error/exception with same session id in next line [Same session ID that we captured in first query]

Here in pur case session id is :SGDGDJEYEUEUU3455 but in first log it is Session ID and in Second search it is only Session.

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion
|makeresults
| eval _raw="2020-12-09 09:57:48 | absc | THIS IS TEST | -SessionID :SGDGDJEYEUEUU3455 | Search1 Here : {Policynumber:4567
2020-12-09 10:05:39 | ERROR | Exception@Test Details- - Session SGDGDJEYEUEUU3455"
| multikv noheader=t
| fields _raw
| rename COMMENT as "your sample"
| rex "Session.*? (?:\:?)(?<session>\w+)"
| stats values(_raw) as _raw by session

You can extract it with a regular expression.

0 Karma

chetan022
Engager

Hi ,

I am sorry I am new to Splunk I tried but no luck. I think its confusing you...I m re-framing it again...

Logs : 

1. 2020-12-09 09:57:48 | absc | THIS IS TEST ONE | -SessionID : SGDGDJEYEUEUU3455 | Search1 Here : {Policynumber:4567 [Assume this is on one log file]

2. 2020-12-09 10:05:39 | ERROR | Exception@Test Details- - Session SGDGDJEYEUEUU3455 [Assume this is on another log file]

Here, Index is same we can say index=abcdrf

But scenario is , First We need to search session id and policy starts with 45 from Log 1

and in 2nd Log check for Exception@Test Details with same session id in next line

And Finally We need count for same session Count.

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

index=abcdrf (Policy=45* OR "Exception@Test Details")
| eval flag=if(searchmatch("Exception@Test Details"),"second","first")
| stats count dc(flag) by flag by session
| where flag > 1

See the documentation for the meaning of the commands.

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

I don't have a log, so I'm not sure.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...