Splunk Search

Tutorial seems inaccurate or my instance of Splunk Cloud is busted

whitehaven
Explorer

Specifically at this stage of the tutorial "https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SplunkCloud/8.0.0/SearchTutorial/Aboutthesearchapp" I don't have Element 7 "What to search". Which means I can't click on Data Summary as it doesn't exist.

Just wondering if this has moved or maybe the tutorial needs updating. While writing this I've found if I search for source="tutorialdata.zip:*" that I can see the data but it seems a little backwards to search specifically for it as the tutorial seems to be showing me how to just do a general search.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Login to splunk.com, go to that docs page, scroll to the bottom and fill out the Was this topic useful section with a No and I found an error and a link to this page. @ccgales and team are excellent and will fix the page or the app in cloud ASAP.

View solution in original post

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Login to splunk.com, go to that docs page, scroll to the bottom and fill out the Was this topic useful section with a No and I found an error and a link to this page. @ccgales and team are excellent and will fix the page or the app in cloud ASAP.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...