Splunk Search

Trying to find host that send logs over the last 7 days

johnlzy0408
Loves-to-Learn Everything

Hi,  i am trying to search for host that are sending logs over the last 7 days. Anything more than 7 days i will like to exlcude out from my results. 

Right now i am using this query and searching over the last 7 days. 

===================================================

| metadata type=hosts index=*
| rename totalCount as Count firstTime as "First Event" lastTime as "Last Event" recentTime as "Last Update" host as "Hostname"
| table Hostname Count "First Event" "Last Event" "Last Update"
| fieldformat Count=tostring(Count, "commas")
| fieldformat "First Event"=strftime('First Event', "%d-%m-%Y %k:%M")
| fieldformat "Last Event"=strftime('Last Event', "%d-%m-%Y %k:%M")
| fieldformat "Last Update"=strftime('Last Update', "%d-%m-%Y %k:%M")
| sort by "Last Update"
| reverse

==================================================

This query give me what i wanted but towards the end of the results, those last updated time include those hosts which last send over few months ago. 

johnlzy0408_0-1643957076168.png

Anybody can enlighten me what i should do for results only lasting last 7 days till 28 Jab 2022?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| tstats earliest(_time) latest(_time) count where index=* earliest=-7d by host
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...