Splunk Search

Trying to determine min/max date/time for a list of ip addresses

dbuckley669
Engager

My search returns a table of a count of ip addresses that have hit our system in a given search period. I am trying to determine what the earliest time and most recent time was for each ip address.

index=myIndex  host=mySrvr sourcetype=mysource | stats count by s_ipad, r_ip_country,  |Fields s_ipad, r_ip_country. min(_time),max(_time) count | search count>=15 |sort -count

The table of data returns the top 15 ip address and country of origin, however the min(_time) and max(_time) are empty. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

saravanan90
Contributor

This may help...

index=myIndex  host=mySrvr sourcetype=mysource | stats count,min(_time),max(_time) by s_ipad, r_ip_country | search count>=15  |sort -count

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Taruchit
Contributor

Hello Sir,

Based on the topic, I am trying to fetch the first time and the last time an error occurred in application logs, and thus used following query: -

index="dummy" (search condition) |rex ...(?<error>.*?)...|stats count, min(_time), max(_time) by error

I got for columns in results: error, count, min(_time) and max(_time).

However, in column min(_time) and max(_time) I am getting values like: -
1631484056.103, 1631501959.541 respectively.

Thus, I need your help to convert results of the two columns in readable format.

Thank you

0 Karma

saravanan90
Contributor

This may help...

index=myIndex  host=mySrvr sourcetype=mysource | stats count,min(_time),max(_time) by s_ipad, r_ip_country | search count>=15  |sort -count

0 Karma

dbuckley669
Engager

Search query worked perfect. Thank you.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...