Splunk Search

Timechart with success and failure and failure/success percentage, grouped by Server

pjtbasu
Explorer

I've two patterns, say like this - "successPattern" and "failurePattern". I want to make a timechart comparing success vs failure and failure percentage, server wise. I've attached the expected output. Here host1, host2 are the servers, available with field name "host"

Could someone please help ?

0 Karma

cmerriman
Super Champion

so you can't have a multi-tiered table, like you show in your example, in Splunk. The closest you can get is to name the columns with host1-failures, host1-success, etc.

something like this might work:

...|timechart span=1m count(successPattern) as success count(failurePattern) as failures by host|foreach failures* [eval failure_perc<<MATCHSTR>>='<<FIELD>>'/('<<FIELD>>'+'success<<MATCHSTR>>')*100]|fields _time *host1 *host2

if your success/failures is in the same field, you'll need to adjust the timechart commands to use something like count(eval(field="successPattern")) as success

0 Karma

pjtbasu
Explorer

Not getting fully. What will be at the start, before the time chart pipe ? To be clear, successPattern/failurePattern is not a field name, but rather a generic pattern, they may not even be in same field.

For example successpattern is "functionName status is:0" and failurepattern is "functionname completed with error" . Also the value of host field changes according to the success/failure patterns and it's not limited to host1 and host2, so can't hard-code in the search. I'm trying to get a generic query.

host1-success,host2-success columns are absolutely fine.

Simply my requirement is, "provide server wise failure/success count and failure percentage, where 2 patterns for success and failure will be provided"

0 Karma

cmerriman
Super Champion

i would probably create a field called successPattern and one called failurePatten based on what you've outlined. I'm not sure if "funcationName status is:0" is from raw events, but let's say you can use that.

base search|eval successPattern=if(like(_raw,"%functionName status is:0%"),1,null())|eval failurePattern=if(like(_raw,"%functionname completed with error%"),1,null())|timechart span=1m count(successPattern) as success count(failurePattern) as failures by host|foreach failures* [eval failure_perc<<MATCHSTR>>='<<FIELD>>'/('<<FIELD>>'+'success<<MATCHSTR>>')*100]|fields _time *host1 *host2
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...