Splunk Search

Timechart RAM or CPU usage by Linux process

mxanareckless
Path Finder

1. There will be 2 separate charts: CPU usage by process, and RAM usage by process.

2. Sometimes more than one instance of a process is running. For example: there can be 2 splunkd processes, one using 170M and the other using 65M; in the chart I'd like this represented as 1 splunkd and the total of 235M between the 2 splunkd processes.

3. I'd like an overlay, an additional line on the timechart that shows the total RAM/CPU consumed on the server itself.

See below screenshots of the search I have constructed so far, and the printout of top on the server to demonstrate the presence of several processes by the same name, that I'd like to aggregate in the timechart's results.

spk1.PNGspk2.PNG

Labels (5)
Tags (5)
0 Karma

manderson7
Contributor

Back from the dead!

Big ask I realize, but did you get any further with this? We're stuck trying to get a better handle on mem utilization of processes, and this is a big step in the right direction.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...