Splunk Search

Table with count and latest date

giuces
Engager

Hi all,

i need to create a table that count for every product how many events are accepted or rejected.

In addition to this fields the latest event date should be shown with the count. Table should be like this

ProductLatest AcceptedTotal AcceptedLatest RejectedTotal Rejected
Bike10/11/20213512/11/202114
Skate11/11/20219913/11/20215

the first part of the query is pretty easy:

...| stats count(eval(action="accepted)) AS "Total Accepted" count(eval(action="rejected)) AS "Total rejected" by product | rename product AS Product

I'm not able to retrieve the latest date for every  kind of action, tried with latest(_time) without success.

Many thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma

aasabatini
Motivator

Hi @giuces 

try the stats function like this:

stats latest(eval(if(action="rejected", _time, NULL()))) AS "Latest Rejected"

Ale 

“The answer is out there, Neo, and it’s looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.”
0 Karma

giuces
Engager

thanks aasabatini,

i'm little be confused where do i have to insert portion of search yo suggest in the old one

...| stats count(eval(action="accepted)) AS "Total Accepted" count(eval(action="rejected)) AS "Total rejected" by product | rename product AS Product | table Product "Total Accepted" "Total Rejected" ?

Regards

0 Karma

aasabatini
Motivator

Hi @giuces 

try like this

stats count(eval(action="accepted)) AS "Total Accepted" count(eval(action="rejected)) AS "Total rejected" latest(eval(if(action="rejected", _time, NULL()))) AS "Latest Rejected" by product | rename product AS Product
“The answer is out there, Neo, and it’s looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.”
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Observability | Use Synthetic Monitoring for Website Metadata Verification

If you are on Splunk Observability Cloud, you may already have Synthetic Monitoringin your observability ...

More Ways To Control Your Costs With Archived Metrics | Register for Tech Talk

Tuesday, May 14, 2024  |  11AM PT / 2PM ET Register to Attend Join us for this Tech Talk and learn how to ...

.conf24 | Personalize your .conf experience with Learning Paths!

Personalize your .conf24 Experience Learning paths allow you to level up your skill sets and dive deeper ...