Splunk Search

Streamed Search Execute Failed Because: Error in 'lookup' command

JoshuaJJ
Observer

Good morning, 

I am having issues with admon and running into this error: 

Streamed Search Execute Failed Because: Error in 'lookup' command: Script execution failed for external search command '/opt/splunk/var/run/searchpeers/B3E####/apps/Splunk_TA_Windows/bin/user_account_control_property.py'..

Transforms on indexer 

#########Active Directory ##########

[user_account_control_property]

external_cmd = user_account_control_property.py userAccountControl userAccountPropertyFlad

external_type = python

field_list = userAccountControl, userAccountPropertyFlag

python.version = python3 

Script is located within the bin directory of the App .../bin/user_account_control_property

The error is happening when I run this search      index=test source=ActiveDirectory

I have an app created called ADMON on the deployment server which is being deployed to my primary domain controllers. At first, I saw a ton of sync data, after that it was erroring out with the above error message.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

marnall
Builder

At first glance it seems your field/argument "userAccountPropertyFlag" ends with a 'd' character when passed to the script: "userAccountPropertyFlad"

If that doesn't fix it, you may be able to find more informational errors by searching in the internal error logs relating to this script:

index=_internal user_account_control_property.py log_level=ERROR

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...