Splunk Search

Still necessary to disable typeahead?

Jason
Motivator

I recently upgraded a Splunk environment from 3.4.x and the previous documentation included recommendations to disable typeahead for search performance and "data leakage" reasons.

Are these still valid concerns in 4.1.x?

Tags (1)

zscgeek
Path Finder

From what I have seen in my install performance of type-ahead is a LOT better in 4.1.x and there is no need to disable it for that.

However the data leakage issue still exists if you are using search filters to restrict access to events between roles or users. Suggestions will include data that would be blocked in search filters. If you don't use search filters per role or user I would not worry about it however.

--- RJ

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...