Splunk Search

Splunk web proxy query

Raj7

Hey,

Can someone please help me in building a query for user accessing webpage despite warning sign from proxy? @splunk 

Labels (3)
0 Karma

Raj7

Let's say my proxy is zscaler.

Now was able to fetch logs for rule "Uncategorised/Unknown URL" with vendor_signature as "Request method cautioned". This capture associated user who received a warning when he tried accessing suspicious/malicious page. He still continued to take the risk and access the URL. So, the idea is to build a usecase that would captured these warning pages followed by successful connection towards the page.

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I don't know zscaler logs but this task can be tricky. While the general approach seems to be relatively straightforward (just search, group by URL and user with the stats command and check if you have both the vendor_signature as well as successful request for the same URL/user pair), it might not be that easy to execute since proxies are usually quite talkative so if you did this over a longer timeframe the amount of returned data could overwhelm your SH.

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

And what data you have that shows this scenario?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New in Observability - Improvements to Custom Metrics SLOs, Log Observer Connect & ...

The latest enhancements to the Splunk observability portfolio deliver improved SLO management accuracy, better ...

Improve Data Pipelines Using Splunk Data Management

Register Now   This Tech Talk will explore the pipeline management offerings Edge Processor and Ingest ...

3-2-1 Go! How Fast Can You Debug Microservices with Observability Cloud?

Register Join this Tech Talk to learn how unique features like Service Centric Views, Tag Spotlight, and ...