Splunk Search

Splunk last 7 days within current month?

splunkreal
Motivator

Hello,

I'm using dd/mm/yyyy date format and results are not correctly sorted if we are dealing with data across months.

I've tried https://answers.splunk.com/answers/215005/sorting-date-1.html but it doesn't work. The only right way is to use %Y/%m/%d

Otherwise, is it possible to limit the results to the current month?
alt text
Snapshot attached.

Thanks.

* If this helps, please upvote or accept solution 🙂 *
0 Karma
1 Solution

sundareshr
Legend

Try this instead

index=* | rex ... | rex ... | where ... | timechart span=1d count as visits | eval Date=strftime(_time, "%d/%m/%Y") | fields - _time

And if you only want first 7, you can either filter the data to return only the days you want or add head 7 OR tail 7 to the end

View solution in original post

sundareshr
Legend

Try this instead

index=* | rex ... | rex ... | where ... | timechart span=1d count as visits | eval Date=strftime(_time, "%d/%m/%Y") | fields - _time

And if you only want first 7, you can either filter the data to return only the days you want or add head 7 OR tail 7 to the end

splunkreal
Motivator

Thanks, it works with timechart.

* If this helps, please upvote or accept solution 🙂 *
0 Karma

ddrillic
Ultra Champion

You should sort by _time and not by the alphanumeric date field.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...