Splunk Search

Splunk for Exchange 2.0 - Blank charts with 4.3.4

letienne
Path Finder

Hello,

I just upgraded from 4.3.3 to 4.3.4 and Splunk for Exchange to 2.0, and now it seems that all the charts are blank or empty. The data is here when I run the search manually, but the dashboard just stays blank. By blank I mean that I see a blank empty rectangle; it does NOT say "no results found":

alt text

I can make some of the charts appear by resizing the chart panel, but not all. Not sure if this is a Splunk or Splunk for Exchange issue. I have chart in other apps that work just fine.

Have any of you seen this issue?

Thanks !

Kind regards,

0 Karma
1 Solution

letienne
Path Finder

I found a workaround to this issue:

Replacing "module name="JSChart" by "module name="FlashChart"" in the views.xml allow the charts to render properly.

Is there anything I can do to help you find out what's wrong with JSChart?

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Karma

letienne
Path Finder

I found a workaround to this issue:

Replacing "module name="JSChart" by "module name="FlashChart"" in the views.xml allow the charts to render properly.

Is there anything I can do to help you find out what's wrong with JSChart?

Regards,

0 Karma

ahall_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you have a paid version, open up a support case. I think you have given me enough to work on, though. Since it happens in all browsers, it should be easy enough to track down.

0 Karma

ahall_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Given that the chart appears when you re-size it, I'm going to go out on a limb and say "Splunk issue" - what browser and version are you using?

0 Karma

letienne
Path Finder

Running the search defined in sizing_messages.xml by hand gives me data:

http://imgh.us/Untitled_149.png
http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/459330Untitled.png

It really looks like a rendering issue. Is there any way to force flash rendering from the xml to see if this changes anything?

0 Karma

ahall_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Check the underlying data - this chart is produced via a summarization in saved_searches.conf, so the data may not be there yet. Ensure the saved search is running and producing the correct summarization.

0 Karma

letienne
Path Finder

Win7x64SP1, with IE9, Firefox 4, or Chrome 19.

I am unable to make the charts above appear by resizing them. It works, however, with the "Message Rate" from the "dashboard_live".

Any idea on how I could fix this?

Can anyone with 4.3.4 and Splunk for Exchange 2.0 display this properly?

Thanks !

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...